What is Leadership Wyoming?
The Wyoming County Chamber of Commerce is proud to hold Leadership Wyoming, joining the more than 50 professional leadership programs throughout the state. Our annual 9-month program is designed to strengthen leadership & professional development skills of our local business leaders.
Our sessions, led by experts in their field, include the following:
Agriculture. Leadership Retreat. Government & Emergency Services. Economic Development. Education. Manufacturing. Natural Gas. Health & Wellness. Heritage, Culture & Tourism.
- Increased understanding of Wyoming County through site tours and meetings with local elected officials and businesspeople
- Enhanced leadership skills
- Improved public speaking skills through presentations during the program
- Development of critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Expansion of an informed network of colleagues
- Improved team-building skills through group projects
- Strengthened employee skill through training in leadership and strategic thinking
- Increased visibility and access to community leaders and resources
- Encourages employee volunteerism and leadership through exposure to the variety of community and non-profit organizations that service the county
- Expanded leadership and critical thinking abilities, which will result in improved, and confident decision makers for your company
- Increased cultural awareness of local issues
- Encourages business reinvestment in Wyoming County
- Development of comprehensive relationships
- Growth of a diverse pool of active, community-oriented citizens
- Development of positive, strong and educated leaders for Wyoming County
- Promotion of Wyoming County resources
Attendance and full participation is required at every session unless an emergency arises. In which case, only two excused absences for emergency situations will be allowed. Additional time may be required for some session participation and other program elements. Attendance at the two-day retreat and the graduation session is mandatory.
The cost of this 9-month program is $595. Tuition covers all program materials, instructors, the opening retreat, lunches, and administrative costs. Tuition is non-refundable. Limited scholarships may be available for non-profit organizations.
Leadership Wyoming is open to anyone 18 years or older living or working in Wyoming County. Each year, up to 15 participants will be selected based on their demonstrated leadership abilities, interest in community affairs, volunteer involvement, and commitment to Wyoming County’s future. Every effort is made to achieve a cross-section of participants from business, professional, educational, governmental, and non-profit organizations, as well as diversity in gender, race and geographic area.
Applicants must live/work in Wyoming County or be employed by a member of the Wyoming County Chamber of Commerce. Applications will be available in June, and participants will be selected through a competitive selection process led by the Leadership Wyoming Committee. Applications are open to local individuals who play a leadership role and have demonstrated accomplishments in their careers and/or the community. Ideal Leadership Wyoming applicants will have the desire to gain a deeper awareness of the opportunities and challenges facing Wyoming County, be driven to enhance their own leadership skills and experiences, and commit to making positive change within their organizations, the community, and the region.
Program Dates for 2021-2022
The Program consists of nine (9) monthly sessions including a two-day retreat (September 15 & 16, 2021). Sessions will begin on September 1, 2021 and continue on the third Wednesday of every month September through June (No session will be held in December). The final presentation and graduation ceremony will be held on June 29, 2022.
The classes will be held on the following dates:
- September 1, 2021
- September 15, 2021 & September 16, 2021
- October 20, 2021
- November 17, 2021
- January 19, 2022
- February 16, 2022
- March 16, 2022
- April 20, 2022
- May 18, 2022
June 15, 2022 – Make-up Date
June 29, 2022 – Class Graduation Luncheon
Leadership Wyoming participants are also encouraged to attend Leadercast Events.
Click on the links below to see articles written by Class of 2018 participant, Rick Hiduk:
- Leadership Retreat
- Natural Gas
- Government & Emergency Services
- Health & Wellness
- Community & Human Services
- Economic Development
- Heritage, Culture & Tourism
Click here to read about 2018 Leadership Wyoming Project – Career Pathways Fair